- Club Info
- News & Race Reports
- Race Reports 2013
- Race Reports 2012
- Race Reports 2011
- Race Reports 2010
- Race Reports 2009
- Andrew Henderson Appreciation
- Lynda Brown appreciation
- Galleries 2012
- Galleries 2011
- The Original Mountain Marathon (OMM) – 29th/30th October 2011
- H&H Cashel Handicap Race – 29th October 2011
- Amsterdam Marathon and Half Marathon – 14th October 2011
- Cabbage Patch 10 Miler – 16th October 2011
- British Gas Great Swim – Strathclyde Park – 24th September 2011
- Sur les Traces des Ducs de Savoie – 25th August 2011
- Bella 5km – 21st August 2011
- Devil O the Highlands – 6th August 2011
- Tour of Fife – July 2011
- Arran Relay – July 23rd 2011
- Claygate Canter 5 – 10th July 2011
- Vale of Leven 10k – 12th June 2011
- Gail’s 40th Run – 5th June 2011
- Ben Lomond Hill race – 8 May 2011
- Montane Highland Fling – April 2011
- Wray Scarecrow 10k – 23 April 2011 & Cats Bells Fell Run
- Ritchies Run – Garelochead 10 April 2011
- Cupar 5 – 26 Feb 2011
- David Spy Run – 12 February 2011
- National Masters XC – Kirkcaldy 5 February 2011
- HMS Neptune
- LSK Scottish Veterans Road Relay – Strathclyde Park – 30 January, 2011
- Devils Burden Hill Relay Race – 22 January 2011
- Devils Burden Recce – 3 January 2011
- Galleries 2010
- Christmas Hare and Tortoise – 2010
- Santa Dash 2010
- December Snow
- Dunbarton AA XC – November 2010
- West District XC – Rouken Glen
- Children’s Hospice 10k – 30 October 2010
- Amsterdam Half Marathon – 17 October 2010
- Dunbartonshire XC Relay Champs – Oct 2010
- Cashel Hill Race September 2010
- Gartocharn Dumpling Duathlon – 18 September 2010
- Mid Argyll Triathlon 26 September 2010
- Great Scottish Run – 5th September 2010
- Glen Fruin 2010
- Helensburgh Half Marathon – 1st August
- Harris Half Marathon -13th July
- Tour of Fife 2010
- Barrathon – 3rd July 2010
- Hare and Tortoise – June 2010
- Sonia O’Sullivan Evening – 17 June 2010
- Dirty 30 – Glenelg – 12 June 2010
- Vale of Leven 10km – 13 June 2010
- Dumbarton 10K – 3 June 2010
- Helensburgh 10k 2010 – 20 May
- Munich 1/2M & 10k – May 2010
- Montane Highland Fling – WHW – 24 April
- Rotterdam Marathon – April 2010
- 100 Mile Run – March 2010
- Tiso Carnethy 5, Hill Race – Feb 2010
- National XC – Feb 2010
- David Spy’s Big Run – Feb 2010
- Scottish Masters XC Champs – Feb 2010
- Scottish Veterans Road Relays – Jan 2010
- Devils Burden Hill Race Relay – Jan 2010
- Edinburgh International XC – January 2010
- Galleries 2009
- New to Running?
The annual Helensburgh 10km Road Race organised by Helensburgh AAC will take place on Thursday 16th May 2013 at 7.30pm.
Close to 1,000 runners enter what has been called “one of the most popular midweek 10Km races in Scotland“. The race is sponsored by Polaroid Eyewear and forms part of the Polaroid Eyewear 10km Road Race Series. The series takes place over a 4 week period and 10km races are held in Helensburgh, Clydebank, Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven.
The race is pre-entry only and chip-timed. The cost of entry is £16 for the Helensburgh 10k as a one-off race or great value at £48 if you would like to enter all our of the Polaroid Eyewear 10k Race Series (Helensburgh, Clydebank, Dumbarton, Vale of Leven).
The race is open to all runners aged 15 years and older on 16 May 2013.
To enter online: Click here
Why we do it
“Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or an antelope – when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.” – African Proverb.
The race starts just outside and finishes within the ‘new’ Helensburgh Academy grounds and the route takes the runners on a loop through the town.
The course is relatively flat and fast – sub 30mins is possible. The course is well marshaled and has Police assistance at a number of points around the course but please be aware of other pedestrian and road users at all times. SAF road race approved, permit number:2392
The course map can be viewed at this link: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=63454
To see the official course measurement report : click here
Getting there and Parking
Parking is available at the ‘new’ Hermitage Academy, on the ‘old’ Hermitage Academy school grounds and surrounding streets. If you are arriving by car please arrive in good time. Marshals will direct you to suitable parking locations but with the high level of entries spaces will soon fill up. Please be considerate and avoid on-street parking near the start of the course route.
Let the train take the strain – The ‘new’ Hermitage Academy is less than 1/2 a mile from Craigendoran train station which has half hourly links from Glasgow Queen Street Station, Lower Level direct or Glasgow Central, changing at Partick. For service details please see the Scotrail website.
Changing facilities and toilets are available at the ‘new’ Hermitage Academy and refreshments will be on sale in the main school hall.
A free bag drop service will be availalble inside the main hall!
A pre and post race massage service will also be on offer from Cat Morton of Amethyst.
After race scrumptious home baking, lashings of hot tea and steaming coffee will be available to help aid your recovery as you swap tales with fellow runners and supporters about how brilliant you were and await the prize giving.
Full results for the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 races can be found at http://www.winningtimeuk.com/index.php?page=dbsearch or view the results from 2000 onwards on the Polaroid 10km website.
URTV coverage of 2012 10k: Click here
Previous winners and course records can be viewed: here.
Article on Peter Fleming: here